Tuesday, July 26, 2011

17 Weeks & 4 Months!

Yesterday Emma turned 17 weeks old and on Thursday she'll be 4 months old!  It's very hard to believe that 4 months have already gone by, even with all that has happened.  Emma is just impressing us every day with her cuteness and development.  She's really grabbing everything in front of her and putting it in her mouth.  It seems everything can be chewed on where her little teeth buds are.  She has one tooth in particular on her top left gum that is definitely poking out.  She may be a little bit of a snaggle-tooth for a while until her front teeth start coming in.

Emma has been working on rolling over when she's doing tummy time.  She's very close to rolling over on her own, however we have started propping her up on her arms to help her get the idea that she can roll over on her own.  She has also started to giggle, which is so funny and cute.  Hopefully I will be able to post the other videos for others to see.  This is one of her laughing:





This weekend Emma and I went to Boston for a solo trip.  We went to visit  Anthony and Marlies for an afternoon on the hottest weekend ever.  Emma unfortunately did not like to be in the car for that long, so what normally would be a 3.5 hour drive took 6 hours because I had to stop so many times for her.  We then spent the night with Andrew, Denise, and Matty.  Emma met them when she was days old, but she enjoyed her time with them much better this time.  Matty had a ton of energy and Emma loved watching him in action.  

Sunday was Katy's birthday.  We threw her a surprise party which was a lot of fun. We went swimming in the pool there, and Emma loved it.  She was kicking her legs like last week, but she also was slapping her arms against the water like she was trying to swim.  It was awesome to watch her have so much fun.  

Thursday Emma, Janna, and I are going to the Hamptons for a few days so Emma can meet her cousins (the Tahl family).  She is going to her 4 month appointment where she's going to get follow-up shots right before we sit in the car for 8 hours, which will be interesting.  We will have fun once we get there as it is my last hurrah before surgery on Tuesday. 



Look Mommy, I can splash!



Mmm...pool water is yummy.








I love my Auntie so much...



That I puke on her every time I see her!


I know I'm super cute.




No comments: