Monday, July 4, 2011

13 Weeks, 3 Months, and 2 Sleepovers!

This week Emma turned 13 weeks old and 3 months old.  Dan and I can't believe that it's already been 3 months, even though so much has happened since her birth.  She is awake all day when I'm with her, unless we're in the car or I'm holding her.  She doesn't really sleep during the day, but she's sleeping between 6 and 8 hours at night, so I'm not complaining too much.  It's just hard to get anything done for more than 5 or 10 minutes if I'm by  myself.  I have had to get used to showering at night, which I dislike.   Last week Emma was 10 lbs. 12 oz., so our guess is that she's 11 1/2 lbs. or so this week.  She's outgrown newborn clothes because she's too long, but the 3 month pants fall right off of her.  Do they make baby belts for elastic pants?  She's been wearing a lot of dresses, which she looks adorable in, but it doesn't matter if a dress is too big.

On Saturday, Dan and I went and spent the night at the Stowe Mountain Lodge, which is a beautiful new hotel right on the mountain.  This was my Father's Day gift to Dan.  We had an amazing dinner there and had a few drinks.  Unfortunately I got a migraine that lasted through the night and into the next afternoon, so we didn't get to have massages and hang out in the spa.  It was nice being away and attempting to sleep through the night without any obligations.  Emma stayed in Plainfield with Janna for her first overnight away from home and both Mommy and Daddy.  

Wednesday night Emma and I went to East Corinth to stay with Laura.  Dan has to work all summer, so Emma and I will be traveling alone.  I made the mistake of taking her snuggle nest instead of the pack-n-play for her to sleep in. I didn't want to take it apart, put it together, and take it apart again just for one night.  What a mistake that was....she kept rolling out of the snuggle nest onto me and she kicked the covers up over head several times. She just moves around so much, even in her sleep, that she can't be trusted outside of a crib. Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep. Lesson learned.

My second surgery has been scheduled for August 2nd.  Dr. Cataldo says that it's going to be around 4 weeks for a recovery time, but they don't have to slice me open again if everything goes well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sweet cousin Rachel came to meet Emma for the first time, as well as Joan and Peter.  She was very excited to meet them.  Here are some pictures from her exciting 3 month birthday!

This was at our Graduation/Birthday/Retirement/Father's Day/Start of Summer celebration.

3 Month photo in Rachey's chair (see the 1 month pic in the same pose!)

Yeah...I know I'm cute!

 Rachel and Emma time!

Reading a book with Mommy!

This book seems to be her favorite so far!

New toy at Grandma and Grandpa's house!



Look closely: I can fit my hands through the toy!

Joan and Emma time.

Look how strong my legs are!

No comments: