Saturday, August 6, 2011

18 Weeks, A Trip to the Hamptons, and Surgery

This past week Emma turned 18 weeks old and 4 months old in the same week.  The two of us took a trip to the Hamptons with Janna to celebrate and to meet more NYC cousins.  They were so cute with Emma.  Max is 6, Dani is 5, and Alex is 3.  They all wanted to hold her and help feed her, and she was royally entertained the entire time we were there.  Emma was a super trooper this time in the car, which ended up being 10 hours each way.  Here are some pictures of her new friends!





Since we were very close to the ocean, Emma had to make her first appearance in the salt water. She loved the water since it was so hot outside.  The beach was rocky so I wasn't able to bring her all the way in, but she was mesmerized by the waves crashing and coming up to her feet.  There was once wave that didn't knock us over but was really big and crashed all over us, which I think kind of scared her.  She was happy to go back to the house and get in the pool.  She's definitely going to be a pool girl since she squeals every time she's in it. We're going to have to start looking for baby lessons around here.  There are just a ton of pictures of her at the beach, so hopefully you don't get bored!





I had my ostomy reversal surgery on Tuesday morning.  I was in the hospital until Thursday around noon, which was very nice to get home!  Dr. Cataldo said that everything went great, except he did have to cut an inch or so on each side of the stoma hole so I will now have to scars on my stomach instead of one.  I am super tired and have had a fever both last night and tonight.  Since I had to be sliced open, it's going to be a much longer recovery for me.  Right now it is so painful to get out of bed, where I spend most of my time.  Dan leaves tomorrow for 8 days for Camp Daybreak so our family and friends have all taken shifts during the day and to stay over night with Emma and I while I'm gone.  I'm back to not being able to lift her anymore for a while.  I think I'm going to have a really hard time not being at camp this year for the first time in 17 years, especially since both Dan and Liza will be there.  I obviously have a good reason not to be there, but I might cry a little bit when they leave me here.  I'm hoping that by the end of the week I'll be strong enough to walk around and sit in the car for an hour and a half so that Emma and Katy and I can go visit camp!  Overall I'm very excited about the outcome of what this surgery will mean, but I'm not feeling well and it's more intense than I was expecting this time.  I've got some weird yeast infection in my mouth, which means that my tongue is peeling and my mouth feels disgusting.  Hopefully that will go away quickly.  I go in next Wed. to have my stitches taken out.

No comments: