I am happy to be outside after being confined to the house/hospital for so long!
Exploring the grass, with her eyes closed.
She approves! Or, someone scored a field goal...
Big smile for her monkey!
Not exactly how tummy time is supposed to work....
In my world, things are going ok. The past couple of days I have started to feel a little better. I saw my surgeon, Dr. Cataldo on Tuesday for my post-op appointment. He was a little disappointed that I wasn't feeling better, so he put me back on a low dose of steroids for a little while so I could get a little more strength back. He told me that I could start driving once it felt like I could slam on the brakes without hurting myself, and that I could slowly start introducing whatever kinds of foods I wanted to eat, as long as I chewed my food extremely well. These were both good things that I needed to hear.
He also tentatively scheduled my ostomy reversal surgery for Tuesday, August 2nd. This poses a little bit of a problem because Dan goes to camp 5 days later. There is also a 4-week recovery period from that surgery, so it's still unknown if I would be able to go to work on time in the fall. I'll have to wait and see. The surgery will take place there if I can gain weight, feel 100%, and be on a regular diet. I will see him a few more times before the decision is made. If the surgery isn't then, it would be very early in the school year and I'd have to miss all that time from work, which I don't want to do. The only problem that I see right now is that I'm still losing weight. I've lost 10 more pounds since being home from the hospital. I am eating, but I'm still wasting away. For the grand total, I've lost 35 pounds since the day Emma was born. Not that I'm complaining too much because I could stand to have lost 10 or 15 pounds, however I'm almost down to 100 lbs. which is a little too small. I literally have no clothes that fit me (I'm living in drawstring sweat pants and pj's)!
I'm nervous to start introducing foods. If I don't chew something enough it could cause a blockage in the ostomy which I'd have to go to the ER for. That makes me nervous. We'll see how it goes. I'm craving a salad so maybe I'll start with that...


No comments:
Post a Comment