This week has been quite the ride. On Saturday Dan and I met Katy, Meghan, and Liza for lunch at the tasty Windjammer for my birthday celebration. It was a great time, and then Dan was really persistent about going to Stowe to look at some ice sculptures in the sub-zero temperatures. I had not interest, but he insisted so we went anyway. To my surprise he pulled into the Topnotch Resort where he had booked a room and a spa visit for my birthday! We spent the night and had massages and excellent food. It was a great surprise, and he even packed a bag for me. What an awesome husband I have!
Today I had an ultrasound of my entire abdomen. The cramps that I was talking about last week definitely are not the baby or Crohn’s related. My GI doctor thinks that it could be my gall bladder. Apparently women with Crohn’s are more prone to developing gallstones, which I was unaware of. I have lost my appetite, and the pain keeps me from sleeping. I was told today that my doctor should have results within 24 hours, so hopefully I hear something tomorrow or Monday. The light at the end of the tunnel is that today marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester for this pregnancy!
By this week Baby O weighs 2 ¼ lbs., apparently the size of a Chinese cabbage, and measures 14.8 inches from head to heels. It can blink it’s eyes and is sporting eye lashes. During my ultrasound today, the tech snuck a picture of the baby so that Liza could see it. We saw the cute little face with open eyes and an open mouth, and I noticed that the face is quite a bit chubbier than it was four week ago! It’s packing on the pounds now, so I’m expecting to gain 11 or so pounds by the end.
I have to say Happy Birthday to my Grandma, whose 80th birthday would have been yesterday. Dan, Liza, and my Dad celebrated by having dinner together. This weekend the whole family is getting together for my birthday dinner, but it certainly will be a celebration for her as well!
This week has been quite the ride. On Saturday Dan and I met Katy, Meghan, and Liza for lunch at the tasty Windjammer for my birthday celebration. It was a great time, and then Dan was really persistent about going to Stowe to look at some ice sculptures in the sub-zero temperatures. I had not interest, but he insisted so we went anyway. To my surprise he pulled into the Topnotch Resort where he had booked a room and a spa visit for my birthday! We spent the night and had massages and excellent food. It was a great surprise, and he even packed a bag for me. What an awesome husband I have!


No comments:
Post a Comment