Thursday, January 6, 2011

25 Weeks and a New Tradition? (See the very bottom of this entry)




I just had a realization today: I'm going to be a mom!  I know, I shouldn't be shocked, but this pregnancy hasn't seemed "real" until recently.  I have a little human growing in me.  It's what I've wanted for a long time and now it is going to be real.  No longer will we be leaving our friend's kids after a few hours.  


A friend let me borrow her doppler, which allows you to listen to the baby's heart beat.  Sitting (semi) comfortably on the couch in our home and listening to a fast heart beat somehow made me think about the future a little more.  I've been looking for doctors, furniture, names, daycares, and clothes for the past 6 months, but now I'm thinking about reality.  There is going to be a little human completely dependent on Dan and I in 15 or so weeks.  Life is going to completely to change for us.


Can we do it?  I know we can do it because we are two responsible "adults," but can we do it well?  Will I be a better mom than my mother?  How are we both going to function without sleep?  How is my body going to heal when I am immediately called to duty?  How do we cook, clean, feed and change a baby, sleep, and shower when we are completely crazy?  I know that everyone does it and gets through, but now it's more of a reality.  6 months have already gone by and we only have 3 months left.  Yikes!


I got a call saying all our furniture is in and ready to be picked up.  This means we have to reorganize rooms, paint, build the furniture, and really start preparing.  We have nothing.  We have beautiful registries, but nothing in our house...so little time to get everything done now.


Baby O is 25 weeks as we start the downward side of the curve to the end.  This week baby is over 13.5 inches long, over a 1.5 pounds, which means it's the size of an average rutabaga.  The little one is now starting to pack on some fat this week as the wrinkly skin starts to fill out.  If we could see it, hair is starting to grow with color and texture.


A few more 25-week photos:


No comments: