Thursday, February 3, 2011

29 Weeks


So excuse the photos...today we had a snow day and I didn't go to work so I'm not as dressed up as I normally am.  This past week has been ok as far as how I'm feeling.  I did all I could do to get through my fabulous birthday dinner with my family on Saturday.  My stomach is constantly hurting, I'm not finding any food that sits well with me, and being out in restaurants seems to make it worse.  I've been living off soup, crackers, gatorade, and water for a little while now.  My ultrasound came back "perfect" as the report said that I got in the mail, so now what?  My OB said that sometimes you just have unexplained pain that can't be found.  I kind of wanted to hit her after she said that.


This weekend should be fun.  It's the Super Bowl!  My father and brother are two of the BIGGEST Packer's fans in the world, so Anthony and Marlies may be coming home for the weekend for the game.  That means that Dan and I will be hosting a Super Bowl party, which I'm excited about.  I wanted to do something but I didn't want to have to drive anywhere.  Liza's birthday is also on Monday, so it will be a double celebration.


This past week the baby has been kicking like crazy.  I haven't really noticed my stomach moving from the outside all that much, but today it looked like I was popping corn with golf balls.  The baby's getting bigger each day, and this week it's weighing in at 2.5 lbs, the weight of a butternut squash.  It's over 15 inches long from head to toe, which is pretty long.  Apparently I have to start major calcium intake as this little one needs over 250 milligrams of calcium per day for the hardening skeleton.  We'll see how creative I can get being lactose intolerant.  


We've decided that over February break we're going to try and get the nursery painted and the furniture set up. I guess you never know when Baby O could come, which means we have to get on the car seat purchase as well.  A little tidbit that Dan learned today while helping a neighbor shovel their car out is that one of our neighbors is pregnant with their second child, whose due date is also April 21st.  To make it even weirder, their first child was born on August 30, 2008, our wedding day.  Maybe things will work out and we can carpool to the hospital!

No comments: