This week Emma was able to try new food other than milk! She had her 4 month appointment July 28th, and Dr. Hagan said she was ready to try rice cereal and applesauce for the next two months before the big stuff happens. I was so excited to try it with her, but I wanted to wait until we got back from the Hamptons so that Dan could be a part of her first food experience. We got back too late and then I had surgery so it didn't happen. Then, Dan went to Daybreak and we tried to do it before he left, but there was too much going on. So Sunday morning after she had a bottle and napped, she got to try real food for the first time. She loved the rice cereal so much; she just wanted to suck it all down. This makes sense, since the cereal is made with formula.
I then threw her a real curve and had her try applesauce. This she hated. She almost threw up and was making herself gag each time I tried to sneak a bite of it in with her cereal. The first video is her first bite of cereal. There's not much of a reaction and she continued to eat almost the whole bowl. The second video is the first of many awful applesauce faces.
No comments:
Post a Comment