Thursday, May 5, 2011

5 Weeks Old

It's hard to believe, but Emma is already 5 weeks old.  She's growing like crazy now, weighing in at 6 lbs. 8 oz. at her 1 month appointment last week.  For two weeks she plateaued at 4 lbs. 11 oz., but with formula supplementation she's put on 2 lbs. and grown almost 2 inches long.  Even with the growth it only puts her in the 2nd % for weight and the 3rd % for height for her age.  She's making progress though, which is what we like to see.  We're also starting to see a double chin!


The time has flown by and Dan is back to work already.  This is my first solo week, which has gone pretty well.  I'm finding that when I'm with her she does NOT sleep at all...maybe she loves me so much that she wants to stay awake with  me every second of the day, or maybe she just smells me and wants to eat all the time.  Whatever the case, I've been very grateful for Liza coming over to hold her, since Emma passes out as soon as Liza picks her up.  Somehow I'm managing with the exhaustion, but I would like to have the option to sleep if I could manage a day-time nap.


I know we haven't been forthcoming with pictures of our rapidly growing girl, but I'm finding it very hard to just maintain and then take pictures on top of it.  The pictures that we have taken are not very good or not too exciting. I will share a few though that make us laugh or smile.  We're hoping to have a professional photographer come to our house to do family portraits so we can finally send out her birth announcements and thank you cards.  Liza will also be helping us with this so pictures will come sometime soon (hopefully).

Completely loving her first bath!

Post-bath crazy hair.

Meeting Great-Grandma for the first time.

Our attempt at a nice photo for Rachel.

Fail.

 Emma and Daddy napping after work.

 Old-fashion sleep outfit-doesn't she look like a "Who?"

 Wide-awake at midnight.

 Always with the hands moving.

 Starting to get sleepy...

 Precious little face!

1 comment: