Thursday, February 24, 2011

32 Weeks and a Nelson nose!



Today we are 32 weeks and moving closer to a baby each and every day.  We had an ultrasound on Monday which showed that the baby looks very healthy.  It weighs 3.5 lbs. and is measuring in the 40th percentile for size.  The stenographer told us not to expect an 8 or 9 lb. baby, but more a 6 or 7 lb. baby (I can definitely live with that).  We also found out that the placenta traveled just barely enough, 2 cm from the birth canal, so I may not need to have a c-section!  2 cm is the cutoff and my doctor looked at the ultrasound pictures and said she was fine with the results.  So now I'm a little relieved that I don't automatically have to be sliced open.  


The last time I had an ultrasound the baby was sprawled across my stomach, but we saw that it's head and face down now, which is a very good thing. I'm not sure that this explains the freaky alien-type movement you can now see in my stomach from across the room, but I'm very excited about all the good news we received. We also requested a 3D ultrasound to see the face a little clearer, so here's the cutest picture that we got.  Note that the baby definitely has my nose!



We visited a daycare that we both really liked today.  Once the baby is born we have to be invited in for an interview and to see how our child interacts with the other children in the room.  So far there are 19 children on the waiting list for the fall, and I think only 2 open spots.  We have to figure out a way to get that spot!

No comments: