This week marks 34 weeks, which means 6 weeks (hopefully) left to go. Dan's paint job looks fabulous and the furniture looks great in the room as well. We now just need to decorate and get the ottoman for the chair and we'll be all set. The cats have already moved into the room, so the picture below has a towel on the top of the chair to protect from scratches and hair for now. The crib is very interesting to the cats so we're letting them in there to explore as much as possible now in hopes that the novelty will wear off in 6 weeks.
Speaking of the cats, our little Zinnia is costing us a bit of money. First it was her anxiety and kitty prozac. Now it's her chin acne. Her chin breaks out into little pussy scabs and they all fall out leaving her chin a bare bloody mess. It's gross and now we have to rub kitty acne meds on her chin, probably forever. It's either stress induced or over-active oil glands, but either way, we have a head-case of a cat that we're dealing with about to bring home a baby to.
This week Baby O is the size of a cantaloupe, which is about 4 3/4 lbs. and almost 18 inches long. I don't think that he/she is really that heavy based on the last measurements, but you never know. This week the skin is smoothing out, so less wrinkles than the last ultrasound picture. The central nervous system is maturing, as are the lungs, and he/she is just packing on the weight. I still continue to lose weight and have lost 2.5 lbs. since my appointment 2 weeks ago, making it only 1 lb. I've gained on the scale, but an overall loss with all the extras growing inside me. Oh well, baby is healthy so that's all that matters.
I'm starting to really freak out about the labor and actually coming home with a baby. I guess it's normal for me to be having this thoughts, but it really makes me think about how this little being is going to be completely dependent on me (and Dan) and how our lives are going to be completely different in such a short amount of time. I know we can do it, but it's still the scariest thing I'm anticipating doing. I see people do it every day, but somehow it's different when it's you. Anyone have an suggestions on how to cool your jets in order to get some rest these last couple of weeks?


4 comments:
I don’t have any suggestions, but I'm with you on being anxious about both labor and this major life change that's quickly approaching! I just try to focus on how many people have gotten through it in the past, and know that we will too. Your nursery is looking great, by the way!
I can't think of two better parents in the whole wide world! Just know baby O will enter the world and you two will love him/her so much nothing else will matter. Love all 3 of you!
This baby is so lucky to have a Mommy and Daddy that already love him/her so much.
As far as labor/delivery think of it this way...it is just one day. It will be a lot of hard work but look at all the hard work you have done over the past 34 weeks.
Hey Audrey,
Not to add to the anxiety, but I remember focusing so much on getting through the labor, but in reality the first two weeks after are pretty tough--adjusting to the changes, healing from giving birth, getting used to breast feeding--so my advice is to make sure there is a lot of TLC around you guys, and you have people come over to hold the baby so you can rest. You'll be great parents!
Post a Comment