Monday, September 19, 2011

5 Months & 4 Weeks (25 Weeks)

Emma is 5 months and 4 weeks old today, or 25 weeks old.  Today just happens to be Dans birthday as well!  This past week has been a little bit crazy so we missed out on a 24 week post.  Emma has been doing great at day care.  She had a stomach thing when we switched her formula (it's included in the tuition), so we  had to switch her back and have her pediatrician write a prescription for her regular formula so that it could still be included in the tuition.  Apparently she can't handle regular formula and for now still needs to be on the anti-spit up recipe.  She could keep anything in her from either end for that week, so we're glad we switched her back.

Every day that I've gone to pick Emma up from school, I walk in the room and she's playing on or with some toy, and she doesn't stop when I walk in the room.  I have to say her name a hundred times and get down in her face for her to realize that I'm there.  When she does acknowledge me, I get the biggest smile that just melts my heart.  I hate leaving her every day.  People keep telling me that it will get easier, so I hope it does.  I haven't continued to cry, but every second of the day I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave to go pick her up.  In a perfect world, I'd be able to work half days and spend the rest of the day with her.  If only we could afford it...

Last week we visited my grandparents, Emma's great-grandparents.  They're getting ready to go to FL in a month or so, so we decided to visit them by ourselves before they left.  Emma put on quite the show for them, even though she didn't feel well.  It was a great time and they loved seeing her.  My grandfather actually held her this time, since she's a little bigger now and he can't "break" her.

Emma picked up her first cold at school last week.  She's been sick for a week now, and she doesn't seem to be getting any better.  It started with a runny nose, and now it's turned into a cough and wheezing.  We're freaked out that it's something bad, so we're going to bring her to the doctors just to be safe.  I'm sure she's fine but better safe than sorry.

This weekend we had a little gathering for Dan's birthday.  We had some friends and family over, and it was a good time.  I made Cookie Monster cupcakes and there was a TON of food.  Dan got some cool presents, but he really wants Emma to crawl for his birthday.  She is so close; she gets up on her hands and knees and sticks her butt up in the air, and she pushes herself backwards.  She's only got a whole day to get it down, so she'd better practice at school today!

One of her favorite things to do right now is sit and watch the turtle (and grab her feet and suck on her toes).

Dan's birthday cupcakes.

He asked for cold, hard, cash to buy an iPhone, so that's what he got!  It's frozen in tupperware :)

Modeling her Magic Hat outfit that Adrienne gave her.



No comments: